Area EHS Manager - UK & Poland
Job Title: Area EHS Manager – UK & Poland Equal Opportunity We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• To maintain and improve the Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems in Consumer Brand/ Protective & Marine/Automotive ensuring all policies are up to date, relevant, in compliance with the law, implemented effectively and meet the requirements ISO14001. To work towards ISO 45001 and subsequent management systems.
• Provide the legal support & expertise in countries (UK/POLAND)
• To ensure that annual EHS tactical plans are developed aligning with the regional, divisional and corporate plans. Conduct frequent evaluation of site tactical plans to ensure timely execution of plans and revaluated and adjusted as business conditions necessitate.
• Identify gaps in legislative compliance, SW guideline compliance and review performance information. In conjunction with the site management, develop plans to close these gaps.
• Identify site permit to operate requirements based on appropriate legislative requirements and ensure permit terms, conditions and reporting are followed by implementing strong EHS management systems.
• Supervise EHS management systems; undergo management review on frequent regular basis, incorporating improvements including those identified through legislative and performance review with the local team.
• Ensure the implementation of training of SHW and country/region/provincial/local requirements.
• Oversee the development and implementation of processes that promote strong safety cultures and proactive safety measures in sites; this includes behavior based safety, hazard identification, operational leadership and upward/downward communication.
• To audit EHS procedures and standards in practice and identify where standards are not being met. Instigating corrective actions with relevant departments and make amendments/improvements to procedures where appropriate.
• Make sure appropriate EHS records and data and timely reporting are maintained. Ensure excellent root cause analysis investigation of all incidents, appropriate action identification and ensure all actions are closed.
• Control the site Hazard I.D, Near Miss, Reportable data base, drive continuous improvement across the sites by sharing best practices across sites and ensure robust root cause analysis. Ensure all aspects of MIRA are used at each site and act as a resource for MIRA.
• Provide information on occupational health related concerns with support from occupational health resource. Initiation of any necessary occupational hygiene monitoring and provide advice and guidance on the results
• Support the local management in using hierarchy of control measures to minimize risk exposure to hazardous substances, and danger from flammable, explosive, electrical, noise, ergonomic and other hazards
• Ensure efficient EHS communication between and across the sites via EHS Committee Meetings, attendance and sharing information from EHS EMEAI meetings, SW EHS conferences, from EHS Alerts from other sites. Promote safety messaging at the start of every meeting.
• Assist in the development of and promote a continually improving safety culture through the support and leading the EHS culture across site involving shop floor safety walk with site management.
• Supporting sites in external liaison with regulators, consultants, trade and professional bodies to ensure compliance and capture best practice, provide guidance and oversight for working with regulators as needed. Acts as one of the point of contact for any internal or external audits. Liaise with insurance investigators on 3rd Party liability claims. . Assist with recruiting and vetting EHS positions at area sites.
• Identify with the sites, develop and facilitate appropriate safety, health and environmental training and refresher training. To drive and facilitate process safety management (COMAH and Seveso) processes including HAZID and HAZOP; this includes a high level of understanding in PHAs in general and PHAPro specifically.
• To support the site in ensuring contingency plans are current. Provides out of hours emergency contact service. Ensures fire-fighting equipment is appropriately maintained.
• To assist with the security improvement plan with the sites via security operation, investigations to route cause for any security incidents and ensure timely action completion.
• Acts as a conduit for site EHS Managers by including divisional and corporate support where required to achieve site/area/region goals.
• Provide additional support to other parts of the SW group when required. Any other duties as required by the Area Director of Operations.
• 1. FORMAL EDUCATION:
a. Degree qualified in EHS/ Engineer or equivalent.
• 2. WORK EXPERIENCE
a. Several years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment (tenure in chemical or high risk industries is preferred).
• 3. TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• a. To be conversant with Safety, Health, Fire and Environmental Regulations preferably on a site dealing with flammable liquids and DSEAR and related local regulations.
• b. Drives for Results. Passionate about sustaining standards as a base from which to improve. Produces dynamic and creative but appropriate improvement.
• c. Leading and influencing others. Excellent interpersonal, influencing, coaching and negotiating skills. Able to develop and drive a positive EHS culture.
• d. Project management skills
• e. Change Leadership
• f. Objective analytical skills
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Who we are –
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
Job Title: Area EHS Manager – UK & Poland
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.