Director, Digital Product Management
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
At Sherwin-Williams, we are embracing digital and in this new role, we are seeking candidate who can help lead us down a path and create a legacy as we start to transform the way our customers experience Sherwin-Williams.
The Director, Digital Product Management at Sherwin-Williams is responsible for the team that owns the vision, the definition, design and drives with the technical teams features and functionality for interconnected digital customer and associate experiences across mobile, web, in-store and other emerging technologies.
This cross-functional position achieves results through facilitation and collaboration with key stakeholders from across the business and information technology. This leader and her/his team will be accountable for the successful launch of all of digital products in their portfolio from ideation through implementation, as well as ongoing optimization.
· Consistently and persuasively champion the team's product vision to create differentiated experiences that address the requested and unarticulated needs of customers across varied segments and locales.
· Provide leadership over the strategic direction of a set/domain of digital products, across all touch points, including strategy, overall product roadmap, annual & quarterly planning and the communication of the plan to the greater team and senior leadership.
· Work with executive stakeholders across business, technology and creative, to balance competing interests and needs across the organization to arrive at a clear vision, communicating effectively and aligning various partners along the way.
· Collaborate closely with senior leaders and peers from marketing, user experience, design, technology and the field to align initiatives and deliver complete journeys across devices & channels.
· Ensure the values of our customers are effectively woven throughout the product portfolio that includes varied market segments including but not limited to national accounts, commercial contractors, architects, designers, residential painting contractors and do-it-yourself homeowners.
· Work to establish a mature digital product management practice in the group, consistently looking for opportunities to optimize and improve our overall organization, tools and processes.
· Stay up-to-date with the rapidly evolving digital landscape and provide leadership over advanced and emerging concepts, to help both educate leaders across the company, as well as inform our forward looking roadmap.
· Serve as a subject matter expert in product management to team.
· Be full versed in our technology stack, how things are being delivered to the customer, the performance against established goals, and why it was created in the first place.
· Communicate and present well, with experience preparing and giving presentations to various senior stakeholders about strategic customer experience direction.
· Build and partner with other on programs to help build customer adoption to new tools and technologies
· Work in a fast-paced environment and will be required to lead not only at the strategic level, but also tactically day-to-day by diving deeply into business, product, and technical domains.
· Have experience with structured, hypothesis-driven product improvements, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights and design experimentation.
· Connect the experience together with various measurements including sales, engagement and brand loyalty.
· Manage a team of 5-10 product managers helping grow them in their capabilities and careers.
· Ability to travel 10-15% of the time and relocation assistance is available.
· Bachelors Degree
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· 8+ years of experience rising through the ranks of product management, product marketing, IT project management or Business Analysis
· Demonstrated experience in translating research and feedback into roadmaps that drive conversion and sales results.
· Proven track record of leading large teams through ideation, design, and delivery of complex customer and employee-facing products.
· Experience building product teams from scratch
· Experience with the full digital product lifecycle as well as agile development principles and processes
· Exposure to B2B and B2B ecommerce, building products industry, working with or within large Fortune 500 companies
· Exceptional verbal and written communication and project/program leadership skills, especially executive-level communication and the ability to tell a compelling story.
· Ability to synthesize multiple sources of input (data, business stakeholders, client research, design) and arrive at high quality decisions.
· Knowledge of IBM WebSphere Commerce, Adobe Experience Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.