Assistant Channel Marketing Manager
ASSISTANT CHANNEL MARKETING MANAGER
This is a channel marketing position within the Consumer Brand Group Europe. The Assistant Channel manager has responsibilities for supporting the delivery of marketing activity across all our sales channels.
The channel marketing team ensures that marketing are driving the plans for each of the sales channels (working in close partnership with the sales team). This ensures the marketing and sales teams have a long term vision and aligned key objectives to deliver maximum value and ROI for each project/activity. It also ensures that marketing are working in tandem with the sales teams to more effectively drive and manage the right products in distribution with the right support in each channel to deliver sales growth.
• Develop knowledge of the markets, categories and competitors
• Develop knowledge of the end users across the channels as well as key customers and their needs
• Build excellent relationships internally to support the full buy in to agreed channel plans
• Ensure excellent marketing department relationships to support customers across the channels
• Use channel expertise and relationships with the sales team to support the plans and help drive them to implementation Channel Marketing
• Work with the Channel Manager to assist in the delivery of key activities across the channels to meet sales objectives and deliver the strategic plans.
• Work with the relevant sales team on promotional calendars for the year
• Provide input into the creation of the customer story for new product launches.
• Lead the creation and implementation of store demo equipment and sales tools
• Lead the management of trade shows for specific customers i.e. Screwfix
• Provide input into the category vision/plans for customers within the channels
• Assist with training and presentations to internal teams and customers as required
• Take our end user and shopper understanding and work with the Channel Manager to drive change with our major accounts
• Mathematics and English qualifications or equivalent
• Proficient with Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft Strategy etc.
• Initiate and take insights from market analysis/research.
• Good communication skills
• Ability to manage projects and take internal customers with you i.e. effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to plan and prioritise multiple projects and demanding deadlines
• Ability to quickly adapt and optimise the use of new technology and systems
• Must hold a UK driving license
• Channel and category marketing experience
• Customer facing experience
• Experience of working with large and diverse sales teams
• Experience of working in the DIY Sector and paint / woodcare
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.