This position is responsible for making and testing simple formulations being developed in the R&D Laboratory. The position requires attention to details, and is able to work with direct supervision. This position will work in the development of novel technologies.
• Prepare samples and panels for supply to customers.
• Documents all formulation processes in a lab records system.
• Makes adjustments to formulas as quality checks indicate.
• Independently performs basic tasks as outlined by supervisor or others.
• Assist with simple operations or tasks.
• Uses computing tools to capture and record data.
• Complies with all safety regulations and takes responsibility for ensuring safe operating procedures.
• Perform simple routine maintenance and safety checks on laboratory equipment to ensure it is in good working order prior to and during use.
• Recognizes routine requirements and selects proper, simple procedures for obtaining desired results to solve problems. Maintain accuracy during weighing processes and understand cleanliness requirements of equipment between jobs.
Science based education background with an ambition to work in an Industrial Science based environment.
A Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent qualification completed or in progress.
Knowledge & Experience:
Some experience of operating in a laboratory environment and systematically carrying out experiments .
An understanding of working to formulations in a paint, ink, or polymer related field.
• Able to follow formulations and use weighing equipment accurately.
• Organizes work to use time efficiently.
• Seeks assistance on priorities for scheduling work.
• Verbally communicates routine information to supervisor and others in lab.
• Is receptive and attentive to instructions.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.