Channel Manager - Maternity Cover up to 12 months
An exciting Channel marketing position has arisen to work on well-known consumer and trade brands. Sitting at the heart of the business this position works closely with the sales teams to maximise opportunities in the channels.
Using market, category, customer and competitor insights you will thrive on driving the plans for each of the channels, making sure that you have the right products with the right support in place at all times.
You will take our end user and shopper understanding and apply category skills to drive change which is in line with the customer and business requirements.
You will work on a wide variety of projects including include channel planning, promotional planning, new product launches, line planning, trade shows/ events and other tools that the sales team need to maximise growth.
• Develop knowledge of the markets, categories and competitors.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of key customers and their needs
• Build excellent relationships internally to influence and ensure full buy in to agreed channel plans
• Use channel expertise and relationships with the sales team to give confidence in our plans and drive them to implementation
• Work with the Marketing Manager to create our category vision/plans for the channel and customers
• Use insights and customer knowledge to make proposals for in store category reviews
• Create line plans to support category review presentations
• Assist with training as required
• Work with the Marketing Manager to agree the strategic plans, key activity and support plans for the particular channel to meet sales objectives
• Work with the Marketing Manager to define the support needed for each channel and activity i.e. launches, promotions, post etc.
• Work with the relevant sales team on promotional calendars for the year
• Manage trade shows for specific customers i.e. Screwfix
• Take our end user and shopper understanding and apply category skills to drive change with our major accounts.
• Manage relevant parts of the M&L budget
• Implement cost saving measures aided by the purchasing specialist for Marketing
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Very proficient with Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft Strategy etc initiate and take insights from market analysis/research.
• Channel and category marketing experience
• Experience of working with sales teams
• Building strong internal and external relationships
• Evaluating opportunities from insights
• Creating and presenting compelling
• Managing projects
• Budget management
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams are unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.