Senior Oracle Applications Developer
Job Description - Senior Oracle Applications Developer
The Senior Oracle Applications Developer’s role is to partner with customers, functional business analysts and other team members in driving appropriate design and implementation of technical solutions to meet desired business requirements. Design, develop, test, analyze, and maintain the Oracle E-Business Suite Applications within the application in support of the business function. The developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle in accordance with the business goals and organizational architectural standards.
Strategy & Planning
• Collaborate with business analysts, business users and other developers in conceptualization and development of new technical objects within the Oracle applications environment.
• Analyze and assess existing procedures to allow the application to respond to business changes.
• Evaluate requirements from functional specifications and create efficient technical designs.
• Analyze and plan Oracle release upgrades.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Develop complex technical objects in accordance with the technical development standards and best practices.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Create and resolve Service Requests in collaboration with Oracle Support.
• Provide generalized production technical support.
• Gather business requirements and recommend industry best practices and work with functional knowledge holders.
• Design, develop, deploy, test and maintain technical objects that exist in Oracle applications production environment, e.g., reports, interfaces, conversions and custom applications extensions.
• Create process flows, high level functional and detailed technical design specifications from business requirements.
• Provide customer support for business critical application problems and issues.
• Assist with testing and deployment of Release Update Pack and other module upgrades to keep application release level current.
• Proactively work through service requests with vendor support as needed.
• Coordinate work efforts with the DBA and middleware teams for application change controls and system performance issues.
• Provide support to System Administrators relating to custom responsibilities, security profiles, menus, and user account provisioning.
• Partner with business analysts and application super users to successfully complete projects.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Strong experience in IT
• Progressively responsible for building java applications and system integrations.
• Experience with SOA principles, design patterns, application integration architectures.
• Ability to define and maintain a common interface schema.
• Experience with BPEL.
• Experience with developing complex integration’s on Oracle SOA Suite(SOA/OSB).
• Experience in integrating with one or more ERP systems (Oracle E-Business, SAP…).
• Experience with J2EE based development.
• Experience with SoapUI or similar web service testing tools.
• Experience with building, configuring and deploying services on containers such as weblogic and other application servers.
• Experience developing with PL/SQL.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
Experience with developing ADF applications.
• Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
• Oracle SOA Suite Administration Experience.
• Experience in working with version control and software configuration management & deployment tools including Subversion, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, HP Project and Portfolio Management (PPM),
• Oracle Certification.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.