Technical Service Representative
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager EMEA, the main purpose of this role is to assist and support the business in the development of new and existing business by the provision of a high level of technical expertise. The successful candidate will maintain and improve the Company’s technical reputation and high standards of support by Technical Services.
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide support to specified projects across the business, working to agreed timescales and maintaining a high level of technical expertise.
• Support the business units in the development of existing and new business in agreed market areas whilst protecting the technical integrity of the Company.
• Provide technical support to customers in the agreed market areas within realistic timescales.
• Supply technical advice in all forms of communication to customers, ensuring it is technically correct at all times.
• Investigate and resolve all types of customer complaints by following the appropriate procedures and ensuring all issues are answered in a professional and technically correct manner.
• Carry out trials of Company products for customers in a professional manner, ensuring that all trials are planned and carried out correctly.
• Provide technically correct and accurate reports, literature and specifications for customer use.
• Maintain and update management systems which record commitments made, progress achieved, current workloads and constantly review this with the Technical Service Manager.
• As required provide long term support and supervision to global projects in agreed timescales.
• Provide support to fellow team members and their projects as required.
• Travel to customer sites as and when required in order to resolve issues or queries locally.
• Ensure all work is carried out to a technically high standard, within agreed HS&E guidelines, and a proactive approach is taken to all requirements.
- Technical background, e.g. Chemist/Senior Chemist desirable.
- Experience of coatings sector
- Full and clean driving license
- Degree qualified, or equivalent
- Technical knowledge of Sherwin-Williams products.
- Customer service excellence.
- Ideally PFP experience.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.