We are currently looking for a Credit Controller to join our Financial Shared Services Centre in Witney. The ultimate goal of the Credit team is the maximisation of profitable Sales over the shortest acceptable period and with the minimum of bad debt losses. The basic objective is to protect the company’s investment in receivables to provide the best possible return for the company from the borrowed invested in AR.
• Chasing debts by phone/email/fax hence speaking up on behalf of the company in a manner which creates the optimum cash inflow while at the same time ensuring continuity of business. Use of Sungard software GetPaid.
• Cash allocation: ensuring the cash is allocated daily and accurately to maintain up to date ledger requiring attention to details
• Order release: ensuring conditions are met to confirm the release diligently requiring good judgement
• Monitoring and control of debt/Aged debt overview: ensuring agreed terms are adhered to.
• Raising of Credit/Debit notes timely to keep customers’ goodwill in paying promptly
• Query management: to be addressed with customer service/Sales and solved promptly to keep customer’s satisfaction and identify any root causes preventing from occurrences
• Month End close and reporting liaising with Finance
• Maintenance of the Sales ledger/intercompanies with customers/Treasury/GL leader to ensure customer master file is up-to-date and accurate with adjustments (discount/bank charges/commissions/refunds/bad debt write offs) and payments/credit+debit notes requiring accounting skills
• Assessment of credit risk/Credit Risk Review: trying to find ways of accepting and controlling all business, including high risk opportunities
• Establishment of credit terms and limits/Account Review/Customer Master Setups for new customers or increased business on existing accounts
• Fluency in Polish
• Previous experience or education in Accounting strongly preferred
• Credit control and/or customer service experience preferred
• Skilled in MS office applications
• Team worker
• Persistent and able to communicate in professional manner
• Positive energy and attention to detail
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams are unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.