Area Director of Operations - Multiple Business Units - M/W
This position is accountable for providing managerial leadership and direction to multiple manufacturing facilities, maximizing capital and human resource utilization in attaining production objectives of acceptable quality in coatings, within established cost parameters as well as customer goals in a rewarding, safe and secure climate for employees and community.
The position is also accountable for management direction of the people (6 direct reports, 600 employees), materials and assets of 6 Plants (UK, Poland, NL) for the purpose of producing assigned products according to the production plan and customer requirements while meeting Management Objectives of safety quality, service, cost output, productivity, yield and raw material control.
Developing and executing the manufacturing strategy for Consumer, Automotive, Protective & Marine, and EPS business units as part of the POD for these businesses.
Finally, the position is accountable for the security of the site's preservation of Plant assets, developing and maintaining an effective staff, compliance with all regulatory requirements, and maintaining beneficial.
To accomplish the site goals requires the coordination and unification of efforts of a number of diversified departments and activities. This requires the incumbent to devote considerable time to planning, developing, and implementing programs and procedures designed to create a team attitude and approach.
The incumbent is responsible for the continuous improvement of operations and also periodically reviews the reporting and work flow relationships to simplify efforts, reduce costs (including time requirements) and to achieve compatible, supporting, and harmonious relationships between his staff and their personnel. This also requires the incumbent to spend some time communicating with other managers, external of the plant, in exchanging information and establishing programs for his staff to assist them in reaching their goals.
The incumbent must keep aware of and disseminate appropriate technical and business developments, governmental regulations and corporate policy and procedures (personnel, manufacturing and engineering).
- Safety: Meet EHS objectives. Advance Process Safety Management and Regulatory Compliance.
- Quality: Provide product Quality objectives and specifications; improve processes to reduce Cost of Poor Quality. Ensure plants, Quality Control laboratories, and warehouses are ready for unscheduled Customer visits (i.e. high level of 5S housekeeping).
- Service: Achieve Service Level and Lead Time objective. Focus on the Customer.
- Cost / Productivity: Achieve conversion cost budget. Improve productivity and processes to reduce cost. Meet OP16 stretch target. Achieve working capital objectives. Implement Standard Work. Implement Reliability Excellence. Design and Execute Capital projects and training programs to attain volume and productivity goals.
- People: Exhibit Strong Leadership. Build the capability and develop your team to achieve business objectives now and in the future. Improve Employee Engagement continuously.
- Master degree in Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent,
- Must be a current Plant Manager or Regional Director or have previous experience as a Plant Manager with a proven track record of success in the Five Focus Areas.
- Be a successful Leader as Plant Manager or Regional Director responsible for multiple plants.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of change on a number of large scale, high profile, strategic business and technology projects or programs
- In depth knowledge of project management methodology, tools and techniques that deliver quantifiable improvement to the business.
- Experience supporting large or complex multi-functional and multi-divisional projects,
- Experience with large complex business integrations, acquisitions or site rationalizations preferred.
- Process Safety Management (PSM) experience,
- Experience of portfolio management, change management, Benefit realization
- Resin Plant Experience, FMCG Plant Experience
- LSS black belt,
- English, Polish language (Preferred)