Team Leader - Indirect Tax Group
Team Leader - Indirect Tax Group (Maternity Cover up to 12 months)
We are currently seeking a Team Leader for the Indirect Tax Group reporting to the Tax Director – EMEAI.
The Leader is responsible on a day-to-day basis for planning, managing and executing all activities required to ensure accurate and timely preparation and submission of VAT filings, VOC-declarations, Intrastat reports and EC Sales lists with the Competent Authorities. The responsibilities furthermore include co-ordinating activities with internal and external parties, performing data analyses, preparing correction entries, responding to questions and concerns and assisting with Tax Office VAT audits and managing the onboarding of (new) entities at the Shared Service Centre. The Leader is responsible for the management of the Indirect Tax Group and its team members.
The Leader would be expected to perform their tasks by applying rules and regulations in effect with respect to VAT, VOC and Intrastat reporting. .
• To plan and manage all operational activities of the Indirect Tax Group
• To execute the VAT preparation and submission process – this includes running tax register and sales reports, verifying data, checking invoices and making adjustment entries where required in order to submit accurate VAT filings on time.
• To execute the Intrastat and EC Sales list preparation and submission process – this includes running sales reports, analysing sales data, making corrections where necessary and uploading and submitting the reports to the Competent Authorities
• Advise the business on matters related to the correct application of VAT rules and regulations and ensuring compliance with Department policies and procedures.
• Assist the business in VAT-recovery operations e.g., in the case of company organized European events and meetings.
• Manage Tax Office audits and queries
• Planning and managing the onboarding of (new) entities at the Indirect Tax Group – mapping activities currently performed at the company and planning the transfer activities to the SSC and executing the actual transfer
• Play an active role in the implementation of new systems in the field of Indirect Tax such as OneSource, Making Taxes Digital for VAT and similar initiatives
• Actively follow developments in the field of Indirect Taxation – legal changes, relevant court verdicts, rate changes etc. – and recommend appropriate actions.
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience in an indirect tax role or equivalent
• Qualified (tax) accountant
• Fluency in both English and one or more major European language(s) preferred
• Structured worker and planner with an eye fo detail while guarding the big picture
• Able to work under pressure, meeting strict deadlines and targets
• PC skills; MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other applications as required
• Experience with ERP systems – preferably Oracle 11i and 12
• Applying fundamental VAT principles and practices and advising/training the business on such practices
• Ensuring compliance with department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
• Inquisitive and eager to learn
• Organisational sensitivity
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams are unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.