CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1. Execute financial and operational audits of Sherwin-Williams Regional Headquarters, Plants, Distribution Centers, and Enterprise-wide business processes in EMEAI
• Support the Internal Audit Supervisor and Corporate Audit Manager in EMEAI to complete site risk assessments and customize audit programs
• Execute assigned audit tasks with minimal supervision
• Evaluate and document control effectiveness and process efficiency by applying Accounting/Auditing and business knowledge
• Partner with stakeholders to validate findings and resolve problems
2. Assist with completion of Sarbanes-Oxley annual assessment
• Partner with the business to ensure adequate control documentation is in place for key risk points
• Perform the completion and review of process walk throughs
• Test and review controls over key financial business processes
• Provide insight from a controls perspective during system and process implementations and on a continuous basis as processes evolve.
• Assist in implementing best practices to streamline approach to reduce costs and improve efficiencies
• Work with external auditors and management to resolve identified issues
• Act as a facilitator in communication between Corporate Internal Audit and Management, collecting suggestions through meetings, in order to align the goals of the company
• Partner with stakeholders to resolve identified issues
• Stay up to date on current guidance and methodologies
3. To partner with EMEAI regional businesses and divisions to improve process and undertake one off project’s which add value to the business.
• Contribute to growing the Internal Audit presence within the EMEAI region, and identify / respond to risks as they arise, while adding value to the organization.
• Develop strong relationships with regional stakeholders / process owners and become a trusted business partner and consultant in bringing about best practice across the EMEAI region.
• Execute and report on IT system implementations within EMEAI region.
• Undertake one off investigations and assignments as and when these arise.
4. General Responsibilities and Tasks
• Perform annual physical inventories observation of designated facilities
• Participate in special request reviews involving all aspects of an audit.
• Research unique situations and determine logical conclusions during the audit. Ensure that these conclusions are supported by thoroughly documented workpapers and well written audit exceptions.
• Provide assistance and perform other related inherent professional audit activities (including IT Audit Activities), as requested by Audit Leadership
• Assist with external auditor procedures and facilitate annual statutory audit activities, as needed.
1. FORMAL EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business (eg. Accounting or Finance) or equivalent
• Part qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.)
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Relevant years of prior work experience within Internal or External Audit. (strong preference of experience with a Big 4 firm)
• Solid understanding of general accounting, SOX, Internal Control and Accounting within a manufacturing Industry environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications, with the effective use of active listening and interviewing skills
• Written and Reading working proficiency in English
• Good problem-solving skills
• Adaptability, flexibility and Creativity
• Ability to work independently and complete audit assignments.
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Contribute ideas/opinions to the department and listen/respond to other team members' views/opinions
• Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel up to 30% of time (domestic and international)
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.