Reporting to the Operations Finance Manager the Finance Analyst will be responsible for the maintenance of the costing and manufacturing data within our ERP system, prepare and input monthly journals, reconcile inventory balance sheet accounts, investigate errors with ERP system and update monthly reports.
• Understand and comply with month end close timetable.
• Prepare monthly standard journals in accordance with monthly checklists.
• Update manufacturing efficiency reports and gain a basic understanding of those reports.
• Review monthly reconciliations of inventory.
• Produce manufacturing reports for local management.
• Support in identifying variances and results to local management.
• Gain a general understanding of corporate and local finance policies.
• Business Partner local management with information and support.
• Participate in local budgeting and forecasting processes in co-operation with site finance managers.
• Support local Finance Managers as required.
• Provide information for production of statistical and legal data to meet national government requirements.
• Support Physical Inventory counts at EMEAI sites.
• Maintain financial and cost coding in Oracle
• Prepare and upload standard journals
• Maintain standard material and conversion costs on Oracle 11i system.
• Regular Sub Ledger Updates and correct issues arising.
• Update SAC costs on a monthly basis.
• Maintain inventory provisions in accordance with corporate policy.
• Understand process flows within Oracle.
• Work with other Finance departments within SSC and EMEAI to ensure accurate running of the Finance function
• Ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental policies
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
• Good education standard required with minimum of A Level and be able to demonstrate good numeracy.
• Experience of ERP systems preferably Oracle or SAP
• Some costing knowledge would be helpful but not essential as training will be given.
• Ability to work to and achieve strict deadlines
• Proven ability to develop and work to effective financial systems
• Proficient in Excel
• Be prepared for occasional travel.
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.