Senior Payroll Specialist EMEA
Job Title: Senior Payroll Specialist EMEA
This position is responsible for all the multi-country payroll activities in the company, ensuring all data is timely and accurately provided to the outsourced vendor. Demonstrate a strong knowledge of EMEAI and UK payroll practices and processes. Processing of the payroll data in accordance with the prescribed timetables. The Company’s Senior EMEAI payroll specialist objectives are to ensure the Vendor makes accurate and timely payments to all employees, makes payroll deductions for taxes, statutory payments, benefits, and other items to respective parties. In addition, this individual will be responsible for performing a standard set of internal controls over EMEAI region payroll processes to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data related to the payroll function, the protection of Company assets, and the privacy of employee data.
Furthermore, this position is also responsible for making certain the Company is in compliance with all current and future payroll laws and regulations for each Country within the region. The Senior Payroll Specialist should also demonstrate some payroll transition/implementation skills and knowledge/experience to support the Regional Manager, EMEAI Payroll and the Project team deliver a successful, Payroll and Time and attendance transition/implementation projects.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1. Perform the day to day payroll processing activities.
2. Ensure the vendors make accurate and timely preparation of earnings statements and payment of wages for the employees in the countries assigned.
3. Follow payroll-related compliance and controls.
4. Resolve level payroll problems and investigate any discrepancy.
5. Respond to all internal and external inquiries on payroll related issues, social insurance, and taxation.
6. Identify and present solutions for continuous process improvement and take training, workshops and knowledge sessions quarterly, at a minimum.
7. Build and foster “customer” relationships with key business partners, both internal and external.
8. Responsible for payroll audits, internal and external agencies in collaboration with correct stakeholder
9. Responsible to bring to the immediate attention of the Regional Manager, EMEAI Payroll any identified payroll or compliance issues
10. Identify and execute payroll process improvements
11. Document and maintain payroll procedures manual
12. Able to partner, collaborate and support all key stakeholders, customer, local and Global Payroll Team.
1. FORMAL EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, business administration, human resources or relevant work experience.
• CPA, BF or comparable
• Payroll certifications preferred
• Ideally educated to A-level or hold
• NVQ in Business, finance or administration
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Multiple year of Multi-country related experience with knowledge of all aspects of payroll processes and related systems, including garnishments, benefits, taxes, Social security, local legislations, time & attendance collection preferred.
• Payroll transition and implementation experience
• Teamwork and collaboration oriented with a commitment to excellence.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
• Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
• Demonstrated ability to manage change and re-engineer processes.
• Organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to shift priorities.
• Capability to synthesize and analyze information quickly and make informed decisions.
• Strong commitment to customer service.
• Advanced English, written and verbal.
• Project management or system implementation experience.
3. TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• A demonstrated understanding of all aspects of Multi-country payroll processes and related systems; including, but not limited to, benefits, taxes, Social Security and time and attendance collection.
• The ability to review regulatory publications, understand technical terminology and easily determine the effect pending and/or newly enacted legislation will have on current Department procedures.
• Microsoft knowledge
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.