Mechanically skilled Maintenance Technician, working as part of a small team performing proactive and reactive maintenance within a chemical factory environment. The Technician will be expected to deliver world class levels of reliability and equipment integrity through the performance of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and application of technical expertise to diagnose faults in response to breakdowns. The technician is also expected to deliver Root Cause Analysis to eliminate break downs and improve plant efficiency by maximizing plant availability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The main duties of this position will include:
• Working in a manner that will comply with site Health, Safety and Environmental policies. This will include regularly completing method statements and risk assessments for work to be undertaken.
• Inspection, overhaul, repair and new installation of a broad range of mechanical systems, at high standards of safety, health and environmental performance to ensure product quality requirements are met with minimum disruption to production output.
• Maintaining complete and accurate records of technical information and work activity.
• Identification, recommendation and order creation of replacement equipment and spares to ensure rapid cost-effective repair of production machinery and plant.
• Assisting with development of maintenance schedules to ensure the safe and effective operation of the equipment, machinery, and site infrastructure.
• Providing training and orientation to operators or maintenance personnel when applicable.
• Assisting other department team members and external contractors as required.
• Rostered out of hours and weekend emergency breakdown call-out cover.
• Basic fault-finding skills on electrical panels and equipment
• Helping build new CMMS system
• HNC in Mechanical/electrical Engineering/Plant Maintenance
• Experience in either the Chemical / oil & gas sector OR FMCG
• Good working knowledge of industrial services including compressed air systems, cooling water systems, Nitrogen generation.
• Preferable maintenance experience an environment where hazardous/flammable chemicals are being handled particularly all aspects of liquid pumping and pipe work systems.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.