Electrical Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Electrical Maintenance Technician
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• All employees are legally responsible for their own health and safety as well as those who may be affected by their acts or omissions. They are also legally required to co-operate in health and safety matters as directed by their employer.
• Working under the sites Permit To Work, Lock Out Tag Out and Risk Assessment systems.
• Working within a highly regulated industry, upper tier SEVESO/COMAH site
• Maintaining equipment and working within an ATEX/DSEAR environment
• Maintaining and fault finding DCS and PLC systems.
• Maintenance and fault identification on Low Voltage (up to 415 vac) electrical installations, switchgear and distribution systems.
• Predictive/reactive maintenance of site assets, mechanical and electrical .
• Working to country specific requirements for Wiring Regulations (Latest edition).
• To undertake site service electrical/mechanical maintenance and installation duties as scheduled.
• To accurately complete job records on the Computer Maintenance Management System so that data/tends can be compiled.
• To identify and implement continuous improvement projects.
• To continually self-audit practices and processes, initiating change where able.
• Where applicable, to assist with projects including conception of ideas, installation and commissioning, monitoring and maintaining.
• To be aware of machine efficiencies to ensure that they are performing at optimum levels.
• To put forward improvement recommendations to plant, equipment and working practices where identified.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
1. FORMAL EDUCATION:
• Engineering Technician relevant qualifications i.e Apprenticeship, ONC, NVQ’s or equivalent.
• BS7671 17th/18th Edition regulations.
• Previous electrical maintenance work experience.
• Pneumatic systems fault diagnostics / modifications.
• Ability to diagnose faults to route cause – 5 whys.
• Hazardous site such as chemical experience would be an advantage.
• Inspection and Testing certification would be desirable.
• COMPEx trained – Not essential as training will be provided.
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Understanding of Engineering drawings – electrical schematics.
• Preventative and Proactive maintenance experience
• Electrical diagnostics and PLC knowledge.
• Knowledge and experience of continuous improvement techniques.
• Knowledge, effective use and development of PPM systems.
• ATEX/DSEAR knowledge/Experience would be an advantage
• An understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques
• Awareness of SEVESO/COMAH.
• Keen and conscientious approach to Health and Safety is essential
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.