CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Development of new products/formulations
· Reformulation of existing products
· Evaluation and approval of alternative raw materials
· Progressing of projects through to production scale up.
· Evaluation of competitive products
· Provision of support to the QA and Consumer Services Departments
· Provision of support to R&D’s Stability Studies function
· Progress new product development projects
· Undertake reformulation projects and evaluate alternative raw materials to meet:
(a) Legislative targets
(b) Profit margin improvement
(c) Performance improvement
· Support scale up of laboratory produced formulations through to production
· Conduct competitive product analysis and reporting
· Conduct product performance evaluations
· Conduct general laboratory/equipment maintenance and ordering of consumables
· Provision of testing support to the QA Department at times of high workload (this may involve occasional shift pattern working)
· Provision of support to the Consumer Services Department at times of high workload
· Other duties appropriate to the position under the direction of the R&D Team Leaders and Senior Chemists
Master’s Degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, polymer/materials science or related technical discipline with relevant industry experience
Six Sigma knowledge
· Previous laboratory experience essential
· Not colour blind – essential
· Competent IT skills
· Effective written & verbal communication skills
· Confidence in presenting in formal or informal environments - essential
· Ability to work flexibly and respond positively to changing priorities
· Ability to work in a team environment and on own initiative
· Full driving licence - preferred
· Ability to work successfully in a matrixed organization
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements
Job Competencies: 1. Earning Trust: Gaining others’ confidence by acting with integrity, communicating transparently, and following through on commitments; treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them when faced with challenges.
2. Customer Orientation: Placing a high priority on the internal or external customer’s perspective when making decisions and taking action; implementing service practices that meet the customers’ and own organization’s needs.
3. Teamwork: Working cooperatively in partnership with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Managing Work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
5. Decision Making: Identifying and understanding challenges and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with facts and optimizes probable consequences.
6. Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
7. Innovation: Creating innovative solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external); experimenting with new ways to solve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
1. Earning Trust: Gaining others’ confidence by acting with integrity, communicating transparently, and following through on commitments; treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them when faced with challenges.