Plant Quality Manager
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• The enforcement of safe systems of work and holding those below them in the management structure accountable for their health and safety performance.
• The provision of safe equipment, safe working environment and ensuring all employees/contractors are provided with and wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Ensure that employees in your department are adequately informed, instructed, trained and supervised to safely carry out work for which they are engaged.
• Ensure a safe working environment, striving for zero recordable injuries in compliance with internal policies and external legislation, through the delivery of key enabling activities (e.g. Near Misses, Safety Observations, timely completion of actions). Ensure that safety and environmental incidents are fully investigated and the appropriate countermeasures established.
• Overall Management of Quality Control systems and Quality control of Site manufactured batches
• Supervises staff to include hiring, training, evaluating performance, providing compensation recommendations, and determining disciplinary actions when necessary
• Maybe incoming procured raw material (remove if not relevant)
• Maybe filling/pigmentation of third party product (remove if not relevant)
• Preparation and compilation of Certificates of Analysis and Certificates of Conformity, for all products (remove if not relevant).
• Maintenance of the electronic Quality Control Record Management System in accordance with agreed procedures and requirements and in line with ISO9001/ ISO14001 (remove if not relevant).
• Prepare and take ownership of the Site Quality Plan, in association the Regional and Corporate Quality requirements.
• Report Quality Statistics , including total batches, OTMIS, distressed batches and product quality complaints.
• Work with colleagues to drive improvement in OTMIS and reduction in Distressed Batches, by working with the various Operations Departments.
• Review product quality complaints and out of specification approvals for Manufacturing and Finished Products. Coordinate investigation of these items as necessary.
• Ensure the site continues to be compliant with SW Quest Quality Standards.
• Take ownership of the audit schedules and driving actions from those audits to maintain the company standards.
• Assist the site to develop and apply relevant continuous improvement techniques, as well as within your own team..
• Conduct audits of finished product quality.
• Assist and advise your team in the analysis of performance data, and facilitate any improvement activity identified from that analysis.
• Provide support for production management and assist teams across the company in problem solving.
• Enables and ensures delivery of effective training and development for QC team.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Chemistry or equivalent education and experience.
• Certification or License within a quality program or body of knowledge is preferred.
Five years of progressive experience within the manufacturing industry, including supervisory experience.
Applying comprehensive quality management principles and practices;
Developing and implementing programs, policies, and procedures;
Investigating and resolving complex product and operational problems
Leading activities with other departments or groups;
Auditing comprehensive programs and operations for quality;
Developing, analyzing and reviewing quality reports and documents;
Interpreting and applying department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications;
Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep ? our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.