Operations Team Leader - Production
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• The enforcement of safe systems of work and holding those below them in the management structure accountable for their health and safety performance.
• The provision of safe equipment, safe working environment and ensuring all employees/contractors are provided with and wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Ensure employees are adequately informed, instructed, trained and supervised to safely carry out work for which they are engaged.
• Ensure a safe working environment, striving for zero recordable injuries in compliance with internal policies and external legislation, through the delivery of key enabling activities (e.g. Near Misses, Safety Observations, timely completion of actions). Ensure that safety and environmental incidents are fully investigated and the appropriate countermeasures established.
• Manage the Production operations ensuring efficiency and the production schedule is achieved.
• Team members to be deployed and supervised effectively.
• Operating standards must be monitored and any necessary changes are initiated.
• Operator ‘dead time’ is closely monitored and any possible reductions are initiated.
• Team members are sufficiently empowered to take appropriate responsibility.
• Team members are actively involved in communication and the development and introduction of improvement initiatives.
• Cover is provided in the absence of other Team Leaders or Supervisors.
• Recommendations to plant, equipment and working practices are developed and effectively communicated to management.
• Day to day problems are resolved.
• Performs other duties as assigned
1. FORMAL EDUCATION:
• Previous supervisory experience and / or qualifications
• Educated to High School Standard or equivalent
• NVQ2 In Team Leader / Management (preferred)
• Microsoft Office application competency
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Inspirational and strong leadership qualities.
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing, coaching and negotiating skills.
• A proven track record in managing change within a diverse environment.
• An articulate communicator both written and verbal.
• Ability to effectively build and manage relationships.
• Has enthusiasm and patience to develop others. Values strong team work.
• Numerically astute with the ability to analyse data and drive the appropriate action
• Professional and positive attitude with a high standard of work ethics
• A strong customer focus
• Passionate about sustaining standards as a base from which to improve. Produces dynamic and creative but appropriate improvement.
• Proficient at producing and presenting proposals and able to demonstrate objective analytical skills and business acumen. Systematic. Completer finisher. Good Project management skills.
• Hands on approach and attitude.
• Continuous improvement is a core value.
• Self motivated
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.