CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• All employees are legally responsible for their own health and safety as well as those who may be affected by their acts or omissions. They are also legally required to co-operate in health and safety matters as directed by their employer.
• The correct protective preventative clothing and equipment must be worn at all times in designated areas.
• The Operator is responsible for the manufacture or filling of products on a specific machine or process in order to satisfy production requirements.
• Ensure Production operations are carried out to an effective standard and with efficiency so the production schedule is achieved – promote a self-managing approach.
• Ensure the workload is carried out effectively in collaboration with Supervisor and Planning, including updating scheduling boards, where necessary.
• To follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) where relevant.
• The Operator needs to ensure that the quality of the product is accurate and the correct quality checks are completed during production/filling.
• Promote working relationships with other relevant departments, for example Engineering, Filling/Packing, Quality etc.
• For the Operator’s specific machine or process, all aspects of general housekeeping, including 5‘s, are to be maintained during their shift.
• Cross cover and deputise for other Operators in case of absence and annual leave as required, as well as deputising in other areas as required.
• To be actively involved in two way communication and the development and introduction of improvement initiatives.
• Appropriate training is undertaken as required of the post.
• Performs other duties as assigned
1. FORMAL EDUCATION:
• Educated to High School level or equivalent
• Numerate and Literate
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Experience of manufacturing operations.
• Good Communication skills.
• COSHH, COMAH knowledge would be well regarded
3. TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to follow a job/batch sheet
• Able to lift bag weights up to 25 kg’s numerous times during shift
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.